I am a Kiwi who is based in Wellington, New Zealand. I am working towards an academic qualification in genealogy and family history with the Institute of Heraldic and Genealogical Studies (IHGS), in Canterbury, Kent, England. In practical terms, have worked on my own family tree for more than four decades and on family trees for various other people.
Some am available to undertake research for those who are seeking relatives with a New Zealand connection.
Some of my previous work has included:
- Tracing people’s descendants to enable settlement of a deceased estate.
- Finding living and deceased blood-relatives for a person who was adopted out at birth.
- Finding out about the ancestors for people who had no knowledge of family apart from their parents and siblings.
- Locating early settlers in New Zealand.
- Editing the memoirs of a World War II veteran who survived a Japanese kamikaze aircraft attack.
- Finding family for people whose ancestors migrated to New Zealand from Ireland.
- Searching for the birth mother of a child who was raised by her father’s relatives.
If you are interested in my conducting research for you, please let me know by using the contact form at the right or by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org. My fees are reasonable and include all expenses apart from fees paid for certificates and various other official documents.
Here's an example of my work: http://www.rellyseeker.nz/ourfamilytree
14 May 2013: I've started a blog: Jan's Rellyseeker Blog.